Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Moments after yesterday's post was published....


I kid you not...within minutes after yesterday's post about Stella was published she came limping over to me. Her left hind leg ligament tore.
 
This story is not made up!
 
When the first ligament tore (on the right leg) the vet warned us the left one would eventually tear, as there was already damage showing. But he figured it would be a year or two before that would happen....not 5 weeks after the other one.
 
So as I type this out she is back in surgery to repair the left leg. We are just stunned this happened so soon and without her doing anything more than walking outside to potty.
 
She will be at the vet for two days just like last time and then home for weeks of crating, carrying her out to potty and lots of pain meds. My heart just breaks for her and I am crying some for my bank account.
 
Dogs are not cheap!!!
 
 

2 comments:

The Queen of Brussels Sprouts said...

Poor baby! I just dropped a bundle at the vet too. Why do we love these critters so much!

Nicki said...

Man, I am behind on blog visits and was so excited to read of her healing. I am so, so sorry for her having to suffer through all of this. again. and hope surgery goes well.

My condolences to your bank account. Kids and pets - it never stood a chance.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
BLOG DESIGN BY DESIGNER BLOGS